Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day Phil!!!!!!!

Well, it happened! We went from 75 puzzles pieces sold on Thursday night, to all 500 pieces sold and many extra donations beyond that, on Saturday afternoon.

I sat and watched the donations come. And I cried. Hard.

$5,600 raised. Amazing God!

There is nothing like being surrounded by a community who shares your love for a precious child. For Bella.

You all get it. You really do.

I thank God for each and every one of you.

We gave Phil the puzzle this morning.







It was hilarious because at first he thought the puzzle itself, was his gift.





And, in typical Phil fashion, he thought it was absolutely the neatest gift in the world that I had worked all day putting together that 500 piece puzzle, for a gift for him.

He. Was. Thrilled.

And THEN I told him to flip it over. (It was a two-sided frame) And he saw ALL YOUR NAMES and was confused.





And then I explained that each name represented a $10 donation.... and together you all had raised over $5,000 to help bring home his precious daughter.







And he smiled.




And he cried.




He literally could NOT believe it.

And he said, "This is the BEST gift EVER!!!"

Mission accomplished.

Again, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! I hope to personally thank everyone this week but for now, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I am pretty sure this is the absolute most wonderful gift I will ever give. And you all made it possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment