Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Catch Up Post

Finally going to take a few minutes and do some writing. Seriously these past three days have been beyond amazing. Not sure how I can find the words, but I will try.

We left Jennifer's house around noon on Sunday. We did some shopping and slowly made our way towards the Civil Affairs office which took while because of Sunday afternoon traffic. Once there we went across the street to a store to buy some things and to go to the bathroom, because public bathrooms are next to impossible to find in China. Oh, and squattie potties are nowhere near as traumatic as I had imagined. Haha!

So once back to the office building, we met our wonderful guide, Sarah, and took the elevator to the 20th floor, and went inside the office. It was very warm in there. I wasn't really nervous. I just had this peace in my heart. Soon other families came. One with Lifeline, one with Bethany and two from Europe. The Yulin babies were the last to arrive, so Jennifer and I got to sit back me watch the beauty of children meeting their parents for the first time. Three families had waited SEVEN YEARS in the healthy child program. Two were first time parents. I will never forget the pride on the Italian dad's face as he held his son for the first time. A father at last. Simply amazing!

We waited and waited and waited some more. And then finally, a nanny walked in pushing a stroller.... And there she was.... Bella.

What happened next was beyond anything I could have hoped or dreamed for. Her eyes met mine and she smiled this shy little smile, right at me. She hasn't stopped smiling since.














I picked her up and held her close. She felt so small after Griffin being such a big boy! My heart pretty much exploded at this point. It was so full of love for her.




Here we are with some of her nannies, my guide Sarah (right) and Jenny, who was from Starfish (left).




Bella and Jenny.


After signing several papers, and being given her finding ad, we were told to leave and I was to come back the next day to finalize her adoption.

Monday at 9am we were back to make it official!

After saying that yes, we still wanted to adopt her, I promised that we would love her forever. That we will give her the best life possible. That we will never leave her.

Lots of paperwork to sign and fingerprint.













Bella's stamp of approval! They usually use their feet, but she got to make a Handprint because of her club feet.




Finally it was all official! She is our long awaited, cherished little girl.

Bella Elise JingNa, we love you!















No comments:

Post a Comment