Saturday, October 12, 2013

Good Morning from Xi'an!

I am here in Xi'an, counting the minutes until I meet Bella this afternoon.

We are 12 hours ahead of EST for those who may be wondering.

I had the smoothest ever flight over here! Highly recommend China Southern, I found their service pretty equal to Korean Air except they have fewer movies to chose from. Important stuff, right? ;)

I flew out of Cincinnati at 4:15 Thursday afternoon. Arrived in L.A. 4.5 hours later. He to walk outside to reach the international terminal and it was such a gorgeous day. I had never been to California before. I ate some McDonalds for supper, then got checked in for my 11:15pm flight to CHINA!!!!!

Let me tell you, if you can choose, choose a night flight! I had only ever done daytime flights (always left around noon) and wow, what a difference! I slept off and on for a total of about 7 hours of the 15 hour flight. Made it much more bearable. We had zero turbulence. Amazing.

I arrived in Guangzhou bright and early Saturday morning, went through customs (why is it USA makes this part so miserable? Everyone in Asia is always so kind and efficient!) and then took my 2.5 hour flight to Xi'an.

Staying with my friend Jennifer and her sweet family. She and her husband have 7 kids, including three adopted from Korea and the sweetest foster baby girl who I couldn't stop snuggling last night. I am so thankful to have a friend here, since I had to travel alone. It makes such a huge difference!

Today I will meet our precious Bella. In just over 8 hours I will be holding her and telling her how much we love her and how we have loved her for so very long. Amazing this journey we have come on and here I am, so very close to being her Mama!

No pictures yet, but I will post lots later! Going to run some errands in Xi'an today.

Much love to you all!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see you are almost with Bella!! Blessings for a beautiful gotcha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for traveling on your own - such a rock star mama. Glad you have some friends nearby. Will be waiting with bated breath to hear how your meeting goes with sweet Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time in Xi'an! So exciting you'll be holding sweet Bella in your arms today... Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete